Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baby Sitting for my Daughter Inlaw.

My wife and I are yet to have any grandchildren. I am 56 years old and me and the little lady are getting a bit anxious to have a grand baby, but the boys do not seem to be in any kind of hurry. One aspect of grand parenting I look forward to, is serving as occasional baby sitter. But I sensed a little reservation on behalf of my daughter in law about me serving as a baby sitter in the future.

So, I thought to help build her confidence, I would volunteer to babysit her little Pomeranian Puppy as a means of gaining some trust. I figure if I can prove to be a good dog sitter, then that should build some confidence in my ability to be a good baby sitter. You see, she makes a few trips each year out to Southern California (work related), and is always in need of a puppy sitter. I volunteered my services. She was reluctant, but eventually caved in for one of her trips. I think she simply ran out of options.

So it would be me and the puppy (Maximus) alone for 10 hours a day for three days. What to do with all that spare time. Well he is a darling little pooch and you cannot help but loving him, but I do enjoy having a bit of fun. I could tell my daughter in law was a little concerned as she left her puppy with us, but I assured her I would take good care of him....

Now the best way to tell the story of those three days is to show the "video evidence" that I have submitted to YouTube. I will have to explain, that my life on a daily basis is lesson in multitasking. Watching the news, talking on the phone, taking care of my customers on-line, watching some videos, and one can become distracted. This to the peril of the little puppy Maximus.

Let the Antics Begin!
Click Below to See

No Puppies were harmed in the making of this video.


No comments: